In the fast-paced, digital world in which we now live, how businesses successfully attract and keep the attention of customers is undergoing a shift. In all the endless amounts of information that is seen and shared across the internet every day one of the most successful ways to break through the information and have yourself heard is to harness the power of storytelling in your content marketing. By sharing your authentic and inspirational brand stories through conversations with clients, colleagues, customers and friends you instantly captivate and form a personal connection with them by encouraging them to become emotionally involved. It is in doing so that you harness the ability to shape and affect the personal and business lives of those who are listening to your stories in very big and real ways.
Sharing stories from your company founders, to your business morals and values, your business highs and lows and why you even do what you do sets the scene for a social relationship with your online audience and provides authenticity to your brand by showing there exists a real human behind your real business. Each small blog post, status update, photo, or video provides your audience with a small piece of your business puzzle that make up the elements of your story. As those pieces all fit together they give your customers the wider picture and put your business into context, helping them to better understand who you are, what you do, and ultimately tells them why they should care about you.
Thus why in a world where the consumer is now in control of what they view, share and on which platforms, you have to earn their attention by combining the power of storytelling with a platform that allows you to connect and share your story with your customers and encourage them to share those stories with others. The platform perfectly suited for this is of course social media.
Here are a few links to help get you inspired and help you to share your brand stories;
- Business Storytelling: 21 Quotes to Inspire You to Tell Your Story http://www.slideshare.net/ianrhodes/business-storytelling-25392415
- Find The Heart of Your Brand Storytelling With These 6 Questions http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/2013/06/heart-of-brand-storytelling-6-questions/
- 4 Steps to Building Brand Awareness Through Storytelling http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonah-sachs/4-steps-to-build-brand-aw_b_3997738.html
- Using Storytelling to Strengthen Your Brand https://www.i-scoop.eu/using-storytelling-strengthen-brand/
- Click Here for 83 Engaging Ideas For Your Social Media Content!